PLEASE READ – IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- Each day starts at 7:45 am — Please arrive on-time
- Please make sure you demonstrate proper time management and professionalism
- Whether you are taking this rotation as an ELECTIVE or as part of your CORE — be prepared to be challenged. This is not a “fluff” rotation.
- Students will be working directly with Dr. Athni – no upper-level, intern, or resident.
- This rotation is not physically challenging, but rather cognitively challenging.
- Get a good nights rest – and be prepared to demonstrate your intellect.
NOCG Education Center
- Prior to the rotation, please log into https://edu.nocg.org which is our online educational portal
- NOTE: You will need to use your school email account to register — this portal ONLY allows .edu email accounts to register
- To gain full access to the resources, you will be provided with an “enrollment key” by Dr. Athni when you make initial contact with him.
- Once “registered” and “enrolled”, you will be able to access a handful of textbooks and various study material.
- You will find a “Pre-Clinic Quiz”, which should be taken without studying.
- The Pre-Clinic Quiz MUSt be completed BEFORE THE ROTATION STARTS – i.e BEFORE MONDAY MORNING
- Starting the rotation without completing the pre-test is NOT the signs of a successful student! A very BAD look!
- Your day starts at 7:45 am
- Tuesday and Wednesday are our “late days” – be prepared to stay till around 5:30 pm to 6 pm
- All other days, you should be able to leave office around 4:00 to 4:30 pm
- Consider bringing lunch – we have a kitchen with microwave and fridge.
- Many eateries are within driving distance (Arby’s, Burger King, Fresh Market, Kroger’s, Starbucks, etc)
Attire – STRICT – NO EXCEPTIONS
- Business casual attire or clean scrubs, with your white coat and name tag
- NO visible tattoos – ALL tattoos MUST be covered with clothing (else you will be asked to leave the clinic)
- NO exposed body piercings (this includes NO tongue rings, NO facial piercings, NO gauges, etc)