On the NOCG Education portal, you will find some textbooks and educational resources for your use during the rotation. These include:
- Blueprints Neurology 5e (2019) – most students feel this is the most inclusive “review” textbook
- Essential Neurology 4e (Wilkinson)
- Clinical neurology 9e (Aminoff)
- Neurology Pretest 8e (Aqnschel)
- Neurology Vignettes (Finseth)
- During week 1 – Read Blueprints or Essentials cover-to-cover, but don’t attempt to memorize all the details
- During week 2 – Re-read Blueprints or Essentials, but in more detail, and focusing on the topics we discuss during the rotation
- During week 3 and 4 – Start doing sample test questions (Uworld, Pre-test, etc). Target-read the difficult topics.
This week-by-week plan is only a suggestion. Over the past few years, students who have followed this plan have been greatly surprised and rewarded with their high achievement on the end-of-rotation Shelf Exam.