What is “Infusion Therapy”?
- Infusions are medications that are administered via an IV. These medications are dissolved in an IV bag, and delivered thru a peripheral vein or a central port.
When is infusion therapy used?
- Infusion medications are used to treat various illnesses, including Migraine Headaches, Multiple Sclerosis, Neuropathy, Myasthenia Gravis – to name a few.
- Speak with Dr. Athni about your treatment options, including infusion therapy.
Where are the infusions given?
- We have an Infusion Suite within our facility, with reclining lounge chairs for comfort and ease.
- Our infusion suite is available for infusions during normal business hours.
Who administers the infusions?
- We have 2 infusions nurses – Tracy and Lauren – who are certified in infusion nursing care.
- They will follow the medical directions prescribed by Dr. Athni, including any pre-infusion meds, post-infusion meds, as well as various medications used to treat any infusion related side effects.