What medications will be refilled?
- Our office will only refill those medications we have prescribed, AND only if you are an active patient in our practice.
How many refills will be prescribed?
- During your office visit, we will try to prescribe medications with enough refills to last you until your next office visit
- If you cancel your follow up appointment, we will NOT refill your medications until you are re-evaluated by Dr. Athni
- If you choose not to re-schedule your appointment, you should consider obtaining all further refills thru your primary care physician
How are refills processed??
- We normally refill medications during the office visit
- We send all medication refills thru eRx (electronic prescribing system)
- The eRx system minimizes human error, and reduces prescription filling time
- Once we send an eRx prescription, an eRx is typically processed and filled within 1 hour by most pharmacies
“Calling in” prescriptions
- To minimize errors, we will NOT “call in” a refill medications
- If your pharmacy does not accept electronic prescriptions, we will give you a hand-written prescription during your office visit for you to hand-carry
Narcotics Pain Medications and Controlled Medications
- Many pain medications are “controlled” and monitored by the DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency) to minimize fraud and abuse
- We will NOT prescribe or refill any controlled narcotic pain medications
- We WILL prescribed non-narcotic, controlled medications.
- These medications will ONLY prescribed and refilled during a face-to-face office visit