- Most people are familiar with football related concussions, but they are also quite common after work injuries.
- Concussions occur after a closed head injury, such as can occur after a fall or car accident or some other accident. It is very important to have such head injuries evaluated quickly and aggressively, and as soon as possible after the accident.
- The symptoms associated with a concussion can be quite varied and unusual.
- Some diagnostic tests we perform in the evaluation of a concussion include: an MR brain, EEG, and Neurotrax test.
- Depending on the results of these tests, various treatment options will be discussed and recommended.