Some resources which might be helpful in your studying:
- Blueprints Neurology (5th edition, 2019) – most students feel this is the most inclusive “review” textbook
- Pre-Test Neurology
- Online Med-Ed
- Case Files Neurology
- During week 1 – Read Blueprints Neurology cover-to-cover, but don’t attempt to memorize all the details
- During week 2 – Re-read Blueprints Neurology, but in more detail, and focusing on the topics we discuss during the rotation
- During week 3 and 4 – Start doing sample test questions (Uworld, Pre-test, etc), while continuing to read Blueprints Neurology in detail. Target-read the difficult topics.
This week-by-week plan is only a suggestion. Over the past few years, students who have followed this plan have been greatly surprised and rewarded with their high achievement on the end-of-rotation Shelf Exam.
- Bring your laptop, tablet, iPad, or cell phone with internet browsing capability (we have wifi in the office)
- Please keep cell phone on “vibrate” mode
- DO NOT use your device to play games or “shop” or socialize with your friends while in clinic
- DO NOT use your cell phone or tablet in front of patients – this would be very rude, and a sign of dis-respect to the patient
- The only tool you would need would be a neuro hammer, but do not buy one.
- Most students & residents purchase the wrong type of hammer. I will show you which one to purchase.